The Studio Lighting & Illuminance Kit (SLIK) is an extensive toolkit of items, presets, scenes, materials and video tutorials to help MODO artists create the lighting setups they require for high-quality rendering. Without SLIK, artists spend considerable time refining light settings and setups to bring out the best in CG models; this process is often started from scratch and the result frequently lacks realism. SLIK lets you quickly put together studio lighting setups that mimic those found in the real world of photography, making renders more vibrant and believable, and helping you finish the job in less time. Nothing comes close to this type of streamlined workflow for creating realistic lighting setups with real-world lighting nuances that accentuate your creations.
To watch more training videos, click here.
What’s included in the SLIK 2 kit?
- 15 base assembly presets
- 20 lighting setups covering small-scale, medium-scale, large-scale and portrait studio photography
- 20 x 2K HDR environment maps
- 34 x 4K lighting textures
- 12 material presets
- Instructional videos
- Guided manual
Whether you start with one of the included presets, or build your own setup from the provided components, studio lighting in MODO has never been faster or easier. What’s more, support for working interactively with MODO’s Preview renderer means you can iterate without interruptions, to refine your work in less time.
What’s new in SLIK 2?
- Intuitive automatic light-targeting process
- Lightboard Controller—a one-stop shop to control all SLIK lights including mute, solo, relink, intensity, color, global intensity
- 34 new 4K light textures
- Studio Save feature
- HDR Bake feature
- SLIK HDR Studio Swap: swaps from HDR to full studio lights to allow tweaking
- In-camera control system for SLIK 2 lights
- Automatic render pass with recoloring
- Automatic composition script using Adobe® Photoshop CC 2015 or Adobe® After Effects CC 2015
- Single-click preference system
- Updated lights and presets
- New smart material library
- Material Override for quick lighting tests
- Physical Sun preset system
- Custom Preset Save feature
- Ability to remove tripod/secondary meshes from view
- Performance-optimized SLIK 2 assemblies and options
Basic knowledge of MODO, rendering and lighting concepts recommended.
MODO 901 or greater
All files delivered via electronic download.