Auto Character Setup (ACS) 2 kit is a production-ready, automatic rigging solution for bipedal characters. ACS 2 simplifies technical tasks with an interactive drag-and-drop workflow that is easy enough for even novice users, but that produces a robust rig suitable for professional use. You can quickly adjust the flexible, general-purpose biped rig to work with a wide range of characters, and enjoy streamlined processes for binding, weight painting and applying corrective morphs. Reuse animation data between scenes or even different characters with the included library of poses and actions. Apply motion capture data with just a few clicks using an optimized retargeting workflow, and animate on top using both FK and IK controls. Once you’re ready, flatten your characters into a simple hierarchy of joints with a single click, ready to export into external applications such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
The kit also includes a few animation tools along with a single-click way of flattening ACS characters into a single hierarchy, ready to be exported to external applications such as Unity. ACS simplifies technical tasks with an interactive drag and drop workflow that even the most novice modo users will find valuable.
NEW ACS 2 FEATURES:
- Preset-based poses and actions library for storing and reusing animation data across scenes or even different characters
- Poses and actions mirroring tools
- Retargeting support with the ability to animate over motion capture using both FK and IK rig controls (requires ACS 2 rig)
- IK/FK matching (requires ACS 2 rig)
- Squash and stretch controls for limbs and torso
- Bind mesh proxy mode for faster playback performance and the ability to pose a character with rig controls hidden
- Robust selection tools that make it easy to select various parts of the rig; supports MODO’s native item selection sets
- Animation tools for editing keys for either entire character, selected controls or selected channels only
- Dedicated Animate Palette increases animation efficiency
- Support for Mixamo’s rigged characters, which includes the ability to reuse characters’ proportions and weight maps
- Snapshot command for freezing a character’s current pose into a separate mesh layer
- Improved baking that supports baking multiple actions and custom naming schemes for the output skeleton
- Improved preview tools for creating animation previews with a minimum number of clicks