V-Ray 3.6 for Sketchup is now fully compatible with Sketchup 2018, adds new viewport rendering, more powerful GPU rendering, new adaptive lights and much more. Free update for V-Ray 3.x for SketchUp customers.
V-Ray for SketchUp comes with all the lighting, shading and rendering tools you need to create professional photoreal imagery and animations.
V-Ray 3 is the smartest and fastest rendering solution for SketchUp. Its twin-engine rendering architecture is built to take full advantage of the latest CPU and GPU computing technology. With a full suite of creative tools, V-Ray lets you render anything and everything – from quick design models to your most detailed 3D scenes.
What’s new in V-Ray 3.6 for Sketchup?
- Viewport rendering: With new Viewport rendering, you can easily select and render multiple regions at once, and quickly blend between your V-Ray render and SketchUp model using +/- hotkeys to control opacity.
- Powerful GPU rendering: Faster, more powerful GPU rendering with added support for aerial perspective, displacement, subsurface scattering, matte/shadows, and more.
- Hybrid GPU+CPU rendering: V-Ray GPU running on NVIDIA CUDA can take full advantage of all available hardware, including CPUs and GPUs.
- Adaptive Lights: For scenes with lots of lights, Adaptive Lights mode can cut render times by up to 700%.
- Smart UI: The entire V-Ray for SketchUp interface is now cleaner and simpler, with better support for 4K monitors.
- File Manager: Manage all of your scene files in one place. Set file paths, create scene archives, and keep track of assets like textures, IES files, and proxy objects.
- V-Ray Color picker: A new color picker that’s simple and powerful. Select color values in Screen sRGB (0–255) or Rendering (0.0–1.0) color space.
- V-Ray Scene import: Import and render V-Ray scenes (.vrscene) from other applications such as 3ds Max, Rhino, and Revit.
- Sunlight studies: Create sunlight & shadow studies with SketchUp sun animation.
- Fog: Give your scenes depth with new realistic 3D fog and light scattering effects.
- New texture maps: Fine-tune the look of your scene with new gradient, color temperature and procedural noise texture maps.
- 2D displacement: Quickly add surface detail without extra modeling with optimized 2D displacement — perfect for architectural materials like brick and stone.
- Animated proxy objects: Easily add pre-animated 3D objects like walking people and trees blowing in the wind with animated V-Ray proxies.
- Proxy previews: Control the look of V-Ray proxies in the SketchUp viewport. Select from Whole mesh, Bounding box, Point (Origin), and the new low poly Proxy preview mode.
- Better viewport materials: Get a more accurate preview of your V-Ray materials in the SketchUp viewport.
- Better denoising: The V-Ray Denoiser is easier to set up, and you can change settings after you render.
Free update for V-Ray 3.x for SketchUp customers.
For a full list of new features and improvements, see the release notes.