The Maxwell team has just announced the full public release of version 3.1, which is a free upgrade for all V3 customers!
It’s a minor release but it’s big on features! Here’s just a few of the new additions…
New emitters workflow! Full support for Spotlights – fully controllable and also compatible from your native 3D application (on all supported plugins).
Save on render time with Extra Sampling, a neat new tool that allows you to mask and select specific areas and render them independently to a higher sampling level.
With V3.1 you have more options for volumetrics at the tip of your fingers with new OpenVDB support.
More New Features
- Animation tools in Maxwell Studio
- Improved performance in Windows
- Camera Response / White balance
- Floating Shadows
- UDIM Textures
- Improved Shadow Channel
- Custom Alpha per material
- Simplified license activation procedure – with videos!
- “Tech preview” of the NEW network manager
- And more…