Last chance to buy SketchUp Perpetual Licenses
Today, Trimble announced a big change to how customers will be able to purchase SketchUp products—see the official announcement here.
As of November 4, 2020, SketchUp will no longer sell the Classic Perpetual Licenses and Maintenance & Support renewal plans. SketchUp is transitioning to subscription-based products, which offer customers a range of options including a SketchUp Pro subscription — featuring one of the most affordable professional modelers on the market.
SketchUp is shifting to a cloud delivery model for a few reasons.
With a subscription to SketchUp Products:
- Customers can always receive regular updates and improvements
- Access from multiple devices at any time
- Enjoy simplified deployment as well as management &
- Access to technical support.
If you aren’t ready to stop using your Classic Perpetual License, don’t worry. You’ll be able to continue using the latest version you own. In addition, if you’d like to update your Classic Perpetual License, you can do that until November 4th, 2020.
Please Note: If you purchase an updated Classic Perpetual License or renew your Maintenance & Support license prior to November 4, 2020, you will no longer be able to upgrade and access additional features every year as you have in the past.
We know you probably have questions, here are answers to the top three most frequently asked and a handy guide for more detailed information.
- Can I continue to use my existing perpetual licenses?
Yes, you will be able to use the latest version you own for as long as you want.
- Can I continue to use and renew my Maintenance and Support plan for my existing perpetual license?
Yes, you can renew your Maintenance and Support plan until November 4, 2020.
- How will I be able to purchase SketchUp products after November 4 when perpetual licenses are no longer available?
The SketchUp you know and love will be available via a subscription.
More questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help you understand these changes along with any other product questions you may have. Just remember, November 4, 2020, is the deadline for purchasing SketchUp perpetual licenses and maintenance and support renewals.