Congratulations, you have purchased a SketchUp Subscription. And now? Read on and activate your SketchUp Subscription via the steps below!
A. If you do not have a Trimble ID yet
(or if you purchase the license to another Trimble ID than the ID you already) If you already have a Trimble ID, go directly to step B. If you have an active Trimble ID
1. Check the mail at the email address you provided for your Subscription; You will receive an email from email@example.com, with the subject "Trimble Account Creation Notification"
In the e-mail click on the Activate account button.
3. You will be redirected to a website
4. Enter your e-mail address here and choose a password
5. You now have an active Trimble ID account, proceed to step B . What if I didn't click on the activation link before the 72 hours were up?
B. If you have an active Trimble ID
Check the mail at the email address you provided for your Subscription; You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Entitlement Created”
Check your spam folder or unwanted mail if necessary.
C. Assign your license
If you have only purchased one license, you can skip this step, your license is automatically assigned. Go directly to step D.
1. Click on the link in the mail to access the Subscription You will be redirected to your Account Management Portal
2. Log in now to your Account Management Portal You can do this with your Trimble ID or with your Google Account, make sure you use the e-mail address where the mail was sent to!
4. Then click on the Members tab under “Purchased via ……” (Name of your Reseller) Here you must add the end user as the user of the Subscription, click on assign:
5. Enter the e-mail address and click on the ADD button:
6. If you have done this, the first and last name of the end user will be retrieved from the database in the case of an existing Trimble ID. If you choose a Trimble ID that does not yet exist, you must enter a first and last name of the end user yourself.
Click Add again to confirm.
The end user receives an email from email@example.com with the subject "Your license ..."
It contains a blue "Get the app" button. This refers to the download page of SketchUp products that you have access to.
D. Download and install SketchUp
If you SketchUp Pro 2020 has already installed this again does not, proceed to step E .
1. Go to the download page (Via the link above; or via the 'download' link in your Account Management Portal, or via the blue 'Get the App' button in the last e-mail)
2. Download the SketchUp Pro 'Desktop Client' . The download page recognizes whether you are using Windows or Mac and offers you the correct download.
3. Many browsers show a download at the bottom of the screen, some at the top:
a. Windows: Start the installation file. Among other things, you see the following screens:
Click on 'next' 'accept' and 'finish' at the desired moments.
b. Mac: Double-click the DMG installation file. This will drop the installation disc on your system and open a Finder window.
Drag the SketchUp icon to the Programs folder. You may be asked to enter your user account password.
E. Download and install SketchUp
1. After installing you can then start SketchUp. Click on 'Sign in' to continue.
Note: If you have already installed SketchUp 2020 but were still in Trial mode, you must log
out and log in again in the Welcome screen:
2. SketchUp Pro 2020 is ready for use.
3. Click on Files to start with a template or recent file or to open a file via the file browser.