Supermicro® Releases X10 Server Solutions Featuring New Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600/1600 v3, DDR4 and NVMe at IDF 2014.
Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing releases its most comprehensive line of X10 Server Building Block Solutions featuring the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v3 family formerly codenamed Haswell this week at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) 2014 in San Francisco, California. Taking the spotlight at the show will be Supermicro’s new 1U/2U Ultra SuperServer® solutions which deliver ultimate performance with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 Cores, up to 160W), up to 1.5TB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC memory in 24x DIMMs and Intel® Xeon® Phi™ coprocessor support. The new flexible/scalable Ultra architecture also supports hot-swappable NVMe storage, 12Gb/s SAS3 with hardware RAID, dual or quad port 1G, 10GBASE-T, 10G SFP+, 40G Ethernet InfiniBand options and up to four PCI-E 3.0 Add-on-Cards (AoC) in 1U or up to eight AoCs in 2U. In addition, these highly configurable solutions feature Supermicro’s new Titanium level high-efficiency (96%+) Digital power supplies which reduce power consumption and contribute to maximized performance per watt, per square foot, per dollar. Supermicro’s extensive X10 lineup also includes dual-processor (DP) and uni-processor (UP) solutions available across TwinPro™, MicroBlade, FatTwin™, SuperBlade®, Data Center Optimized (DCO), WIO, Intel® Xeon® Phi™ coprocessor, Mainstream, SuperStorage, SuperWorkstation platforms and a wide range of DP/UP motherboards.
“Supermicro’s X10 Green Computing solutions offer the most optimized DP/UP server and storage platforms on the market supporting advanced technologies and new Intel Xeon E5-2600/1600 v3 processors,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Leading the wave is our new 1U/2U Ultra SuperServers which integrate hot-swap NVMe SSDs and SAS3 storage with high bandwidth 10G/40G networking in a new thermal optimized architecture that minimizes fan count and fan power consumption to provide exactly the best platform for enterprise-class virtualization and hyper-scale computing applications. Combined with our new X10 TwinPro, MicroBlade and FatTwin systems as well as the industry’s widest range of server building blocks with Titanium level high efficiency power supplies, Supermicro is delivering total solutions to address the critical power, space and cost challenges facing today’s data driven businesses.”
“The new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600/1600 v3 product families provide solution partners such as Supermicro with the optimized performance and power efficiency required to address the most critical challenges facing next generation data center, cloud and hyperscale environments,” said Shannon Poulin, vice president, Data Center Group, Intel. “Together with Supermicro’s diverse range of green server and storage solutions, we’re helping customers to re-architect the data center for the digital services era.”
IDF 2014 X10 Solution Highlights
- 1U/2U Ultra SuperServer – The Ultra platform offers best-in-class Enterprise server performance while maximizing value and delivering uncompromising flexibility, scalability, and manageability. Hyper-Speed Ultra adds unparalleled performance and is optimized for applications such as Low-Latency trading. Depending on configuration, systems feature dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores, up to 160W TDP), 24x/16x DIMMs up to 1.5TB/1TB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC memory, hot-swap NVMe and 12Gb/s SAS3 options up to 8x PCI-E 3.0 expansion slots, dual or quad port 1G, 10GBASE-T, 10G SFP+, 40G Ethernet, and InfiniBand options and 750W/1000W Redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 6U MicroBlade – High-performance, high-density server featuring 28x hot-swappable MicroBlade modules supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 (up to 14 cores, 120W TDP) or E3-1200 v3, up to 196x DP nodes per 42U Rack with up to 128GB in 8x VLP DDR4 2133MHz DIMMs and 2x 2.5″ 6Gb/s SATA3 HDD/SSDs and 1x SATA DOM per module.MicroBlade enclosure incorporates up to 2x Chassis Management Module (CMM) and up to 2x hot-swappable network switches with 2x 40Gb/s QSFP or 8x 10Gb/s SFP+ uplinks per module. Enclosure also features up to 8x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 1600W Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%+) Digital power supplies with cooling fans. Ideal for cloud computing, data center, enterprise, high performance computing, dedicated hosting and content delivery applications.
- 2U TwinPro™/ TwinPro²™ (SYS-2028TP/6028TP -D/-H Series) – 2U/4U hot-plug node servers supporting dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores, 145W TDP), up to 1TB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC memory in 16x R/LR DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0 and PCI-E 3.0 x16 “0” slot, Intel® Xeon® Phi™ support, 8x ports of Avago 3008/3108 SAS 3.0 (12Gb/s) with optional SuperCap (CacheVault), 8x ports of SATA 3.0 (6Gbps), up to 4x NVMe, single FDR (56Gb/s) InfiniBand, dual 10GBase-T and 1280W Redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ – High-density 8/4/2 hot-plug node SuperServer® systems available with a variety of memory capacities, HDD technologies, PCI-E alternatives, networking capabilities, and Intel® Xeon® Phi™ support options. Systems support dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores and 145W TDP) up to 1TB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 and 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 Micro LP card, 8x ports of LSI® 3008/3108 SAS 3.0 (12Gbps) with software/hardware RAID, 10x ports of SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) with Intel® C612 controller, dual 10GBase-T or dual GbE ports, redundant Titanium Level (96%+) Digital power supplies, integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN
- 7U SuperBlade® – TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2X, CPUs 145W TDP), Datacenter Blade (SBI-7428R-C3/-T3, CPUs 145W TDP) and StorageBlade (SBI-7128R-C6, CPUs 160W TDP) modules support dual Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores) per node, optional InfiniBand or 10G mezzanine HCA, optional PCI-E 3.0 expansion card, support for NVMe or 12Gb/s SAS3 (StorageBlade/Datacenter Blade) and Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+), N+1 redundant power supplies
- 1U/2U Data Center Optimized (DCO) Solutions – Enhanced thermal architecture featuring power efficient components and offset processors eliminate CPU preheating allowing higher operating temperatures. Supports dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz memory in 16x DIMM slots, 4x AoC option including SAS mezzanine card, 10x SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) ports with Intel® C612 controller, up to 2x GbE LAN, 4x internal NVMe ports, and 7+ year product life cycle with Platinum level (95%+) high-efficiency Digital power supplies
- 1U/2U WIO SuperServer Solutions – Wide range of I/O options to optimize the storage and networking alternatives for General Purpose, ERP/MRP, and Network and Security Appliance Applications.Supports dual or single Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v3 (up to 18 cores, 145W TDP), up to 1TB of DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMMs, 2/6x Add-on Cards (AOC) in 1U/2U, 10x SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) ports with Intel® C612 controller, optional NVMe and 12Gb/s SAS3 support, LAN options up to 2x 10GBase-T or 2x GbE ports, redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%+) Digital power supplies, integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN
- 1U/2U/4U/Tower GPU/Intel® Xeon® Phi™ Solutions – support dual Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v3 (up to 18 cores, 145W TDP) per node up to 1TB of DDR4 2133MHz memory in 16x DIMMs, 4/6x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors in 1U/2U, 10 SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) ports with Intel® C612 controller, LAN options up to 2x 10GBase-T or 2 GbE ports, redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%+) Digital power supplies, integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN
- 1U/2U/4U/Tower Mainstream SuperServer Solutions – Entry level or volume solutions for Enterprise IT, optimized to save significant amounts on CAPEX/OPEX. Supports dual or single Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v3 (up to 18 cores,145W TDP), up to 1TB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 16x DIMMs, 6x PCI-E (3x PCI-E 3.0 x8 in x16, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8) slots, 10x SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) ports with Intel® C612 controller, LAN supports 2x 10GBase-T or 2x GbE ports and redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) Digital power supplies
- 2U/4U SuperStorage – From low-latency SSD applications to the massive capacity needed for large media files, these systems support node based deployment strategies where CPU and HDD capacity scale together, or deployments can be expanded using JBODs for improved economy. Supports single Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v3 (up to 18 cores,145W TDP), up to 512GB of DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 8x DIMMs, 12x 3.5″ Hot-swap SAS3 HDD Bays (SAS3 via onboard Avago Technologies 3008 to SAS3 backplane) (SSG-5028R-E1CR12L) or 36x 3.5″ Hot-swap SAS3 HDD Bays (SAS3 via onboard Avago Technologies 3008 to SAS3 backplane); optional 2x rear 2.5″ Hot-swap HDD Bays (SSG-5048R-E1CR36L)
- 4U/Tower SuperWorkstations – Server grade SuperWorkstations support up to: 1TB of DDR4-2133MHz memory in 16 DIMM slots, 6x PCI-E 3.0 slots including 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots for GPU/Intel® Xeon® Phi™ coprocessors, 8x ports of Avago Technologies 3008 SAS3 (12Gb/s) with software RAID, and dual GbE LAN ports. Workstations also feature 7.1 HD audio, 11 USB ports (6 USB 3.0), SLI, Thunderbolt 2.0 AoC, Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration, 7+ year product life cycle and 160W CPU support.
- DP/UP Motherboards – X10 motherboards, the basis of Supermicro’s Server Building Blocks are available in dual-processor (DP) and uni-processor (UP) server and SuperWorkstation configurations supporting the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v3 product family. DP/UP motherboards also feature advanced technologies including DDR4 2133MHz memory, hot-swap NVMe, 12Gb/s SAS3, 10GBase-T/10G SFP+/56Gbps FDR IB networking options, SATA Disk-on-Module (DOM), Thunderbolt 2.0 are offered in a variety of form factors, including ATX, E. ATX, E.E. ATX. (DP) X10DRC-T4+, X10DRC-LN4+, X10DRi-T4+, X10DRi-LN4+, X10DRi/-T, X10DRW-i/-iT, X10DDW-i, X10DDW-iN, X10DRG-Q, X10DRL-I, X10DAi, X10DAC, X10DAX; (UP) X10SRL-F, X10SRi-F, X10SRW-F, X10SRH-CF, C7X99-OCE
Supermicro will also debut its new compact Internet-of-Things (IoT)Gateway (SYS-E100-8Q) featuring a 4.1”x4” ultra-low power motherboard (MBD-A1SQN) supporting Intel® Quark X1021 (2.2W TDP) SoC, onboard 512MB DDR3 ECC memory, 1x Micro SDHC up to 32GB, 2x Mini-PCI-E slots, 1x ZigBee module socket, TPM 1.2, 2x 10/100Mbps RJ45, 1x RS-232 via DB9, 1x RS485 via screw terminal interface, 2x USB 2.0 (device & host), 1x Analog Input 8 channel 12-bit and 1x DIO. This new compact low-power system is optimized for embedded applications such as Smart Building/Home Gateway, Retail store or Warehouse Hub and Smart Factory IoT Gateways.
For Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage, Networking and Management solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.